February 19, 2011

Week 4 - Days 6 & 7......

Yesterday I did some thrift shop combing in hopes of finding a juicer. I am not ready to spend the money on a brand new one but figured if I could find one for a nominal fee then it would be nice to play with every now and again.  I saw a couple of super cheap ones that I wasn't comfortable with and then laid eyes on a Jack Lalane model. Praise God for my beach friend! She has one and I was able to get her on the phone to walk me through checking for all the parts.  Without her help I would have entertained the idea of spending $40 on a useless kitchen appliance because important parts were missing.

Today we surprised our parents with an amazing lunch cruise on the river for their 25th anniversary. We had such a wonderful time and the weather was perfect!

Leading up to the fun and food of the excursion, I tried to plan my food choices over the past couple of days accordingly because I knew my "raw food" choices would not be on the menu. I focused on eating lots of veggies and nothing extra (like honey sticks or Trio bars). This morning I had the 2nd half of the smoothie made the day before. And then lots and lots of water.

The lunch today did taste really good and I completely enjoyed it. There were appetizers of large prawns and cocktail sauce. Then I chose a cheese filled tortellini with vegetables for my main meal. For dessert I let myself enjoy a slice of Bailey's Creme cheesecake.

Despite my leading up precautions, it didn't take long for me to begin that dizzy feeling. I never felt overly nauseous and I am glad for that because this isn't supposed to be a life choice that changes the way I relate and spend time with people. (My beach friend lovingly reminds me that this is a thing to go with the flow with and not make it a religion.)

By the time we got back in the car, I was feeling so full and heavy and very tired. I guess my body set to work at digesting and took all the energy from everywhere else. It amazes me that this is how I used to feel all the time and I thought it was normal. Once home, I crawled into bed and slept for a handful of hours. I still feel very full and sleepy now but I am up to push a bit of water in hopes of helping my body cope and get over the hump.

I am now at the end of 4 weeks and thinking about the changes in me.
Over these past few weeks I have noticed a change in my skin, gums, and hair. My nose smells more acutely, taste buds are refined and my sinuses are clear. I don't snore anymore, don't feel bloated and don't swell. My clothes are getting loose and I have lost a solid 8 pounds this month. I know I talk about being tired but my energy really is so much better than it used to be and my thought patterns aren't so scattered.
Another perk is that all of these changes is making my self esteem and personal confidence in myself go up.
I am really excited!

God bless you with peace and excitement as you pursue your destiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment