February 11, 2011

Week 3 - Day 5.....


 This was my dinner tonight. It consisted of 3 chard, a cucumber, a tomato, carrots, 3 bell peppers, a dash of orange juice and a scoop of yogurt.

I didn't feel like crunching on anything so I put all my salad veggies in the blender. It was a little heavy on the tomato for me this time but not horrible. I had flipped through a few smoothie recipes but didn't quite have the ingredients for anything that sounded amazing to me tonight. I guess throwing together my own ideas doesn't always work.

Today was the big day for me to pick up all of the See's fundraiser candy orders for the school choir. I did really good! Creamy chocolates are a downfall for me and in the past it would have been so easy for me to scarf down 6 pieces out of a candy box and then find reasons to hover around in the corner eating "just one more".  I did allow myself a sample piece at the store but didn't eat any of the candies that I brought home as extras for my family.

That doesn't mean I wasn't tempted for I surely was. It is just that every time I thought about not wanting to think about it, I heard the voice of reason say, 'Look at how far you've come these last weeks. Are you really ready to throw it all out the window?'

I did bring home a little bit of candy for myself but instead of buying a box to break into I bought 2 individually wrapped pieces. That way they will last me a while.  Am I making an argument that chocolate is a raw food? Nope. I simply know that a little bit of extra tasty here and there isn't going to hurt me.

Ok, 5am comes awfully early. I must go to bed.
Take care and God bless you and your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment