February 4, 2011

Week 2 - Day 5.....

I was planning out my day today and thinking about me being on day 12 of this new eating lifestyle. It dawned on me that while it was good for me to write out a food list on a recent post, that maybe I should write out a step by step of what goes in my mouth for 24hrs.  Maybe it can help someone else as well as help me when I look back on things. So here is today. I know it is boring but.....

-Started the day at 5:30am (not my preferred choice. It is part of being Mom.)  Sipped away a 16 oz. glass of water while getting everyone ready for their different things.

-7:30am Now that my glass of water is empty I can have a cup of coffee. I don't allow myself to put anything else into my body until I have kick started it with water.

-8:30am was time to try my new blender. I did a whole apple (minus the core) with 3 oz. Activia yogurt and 2 oz. orange juice. Then worked on a second 16oz. of water.

-12:30pm found me very hungry. I tried to eat my left over salad from dinner last night but I can say without doubt that wilted salad with day old dressing is too gross to make myself eat. So I cut up some broccoli, 3 baby bell peppers and 1/2 a cucumber. For dessert I munched a handful of raw almonds. Also had another 16 oz. of water.
*note to self...I have never ever liked nuts in my life but WOW! Raw almonds are really good. I wonder if my taste buds are changing that much already. I set some in water to sprout and I am anxious to see how they are later.

-4:30pm-ish I had a string cheese while making dinner. We had company over so I made a couple of chicken pot pies and a huge salad with all kinds of fixings. I used butter lettuce and dressed it up with carrots and cucumbers. Then I put out serving bowls of avocado, tomato, bell pepper, edemame and cranberries. 

-6:30pm We officially had dinner. I wasn't attracted to the pot pies. Well okay, they did look appealing but I didn't feel the least bit like filling my belly with them. The veggies and my glass of water called to me and I filled up happily.
*note: Our guests did not scoff at the idea of me only eating veggies. I remember when I used to diet and it was torture to have company over and not be able to eat the same foods. All of the emotional pressure....and I put it on all by myself. Tonight was so different though; so very easy.

-11:45pm Earlier in the evening while everyone else over filled on Tillamook ice cream, I chewed a couple of honey sticks. Now I am getting ready for bed with a handful of almonds and no regrets.

I am looking over my day and thinking I really didn't eat a ton of food and I feel quite happy. I wonder if there is a guideline of how much I am supposed to consume. I don't mean like a list of things to check off but more like things I should make sure to eat first in the day. For now I still think that might be over thinking it for me. Ultimately, I think I should just listen to my stomach and it says "full" so I am not going to worry about it.

It has been a good day.
Tomorrow is my Nana's 85th birthday and we are surprising her with a party here. I should get to bed so that I can enjoy getting ready for the fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment