February 22, 2011

Day 29....

 It has been a couple of days since I stopped by. I have been doing well. Just didn't really know what else to write except "doing good and enjoying my produce".  But then I remind myself that the whole point of these posts are so that I can keep track of my ups and downs.

I have crested over the hardships of the dreaded 21st day, which for some reason has always been a hard thing for me to overcome whenever creating a new habit. Now I am nearing day 40 and I read in different areas that it takes 40 days to build and create a new habit.

I have to confess that while I am working hard at not making this a thing to idolize and take up all of my thoughts, it of course takes up a lot of my thoughts as I learn and figure new ways of doing things. I have also noticed that the past few days as I let myself do things like have that piece of cheesecake on the ship, that the carb cravings and emotional "I wants" are knocking at the door of my mind.

While I am trying hard to remember to not EVER let myself have and do things, I also don't want ot all of a suddewn wake up and find that all of my victories are gone because of my own lazy thinknig.
Sigh...each day is a new day and I trust You God for your guidance.

Yummies of the day....
This morning I brewed a pot of organic coffee. Wow! Funny how things change with perspective. When my wonderful and ever encouraging beach friend shared with me 6 months ago a place that made organic grounds I didn't see the value of it. But now I am sold.

Once I had my glass of water, cup of coffee and second glass of water; I opened the 2nd half of a smoothie I made yesterday. It was so good! This blender batch was as follows....

1 banana
1 avocado
1 apple
2/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice (to help fight discoloration)
3 red chard leaves
3 handfuls of ice

~~~~~~~

Later in the evening....

It is late in the evening now but I wanted to share what we did for dinner.  The girls had been craving mexican food and I brainstormed about what to do that could be yummy but not taxing on my husband's new low sodium plan.

I looked online for a low salt enchilada sauce recipe and then created everything else myself.
For the filling I used a rinsed batch of low salt black beans and rinsed batch of low salt kidney beans. I sauteed an onion and cooked up 3/4 cup of Basmatti rice. I also added a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese and part of the enchilada filling. It took some doing at the grocery store but I finally found that the brand "Don Pancho" is a tortilla that is low in sodium while being high in protein and fiber.

Below is the sauce recipe if you are interested. I doubled the batch to make a 9x13 pan with 9 enchiladas in it.  I liked it because it was simple, tasted good and didn't take a lot of cooking prep like most enchilada sauces normally take.

Low Sodium Enchilada Sauce
16 oz. no salt added tomato sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. cumin

Simply stir ingredients together and then put your enchiladas together as normal and bake until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling.

Blessings to you tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment