February 5, 2011

Week 2 - Day 6......

 So sleepy this evening but it has been a very good day.
My Nana's party went very well. She was surprised and happy. Conversations, relationships and memory making were a constant during the 3 hours of party. And the food part of it went well too. I served mostly healthy items. There was a veggie tray and a fruit tray, a sandwich platter and crock pot of meatballs. I also did plates with cheese and crackers, and two bowls of azuki bean chips and brown rice chips.

I did really well at only eating the veggies and fruit. I did make a conscious decision to eat a small slice of the carrot cake. I didn't finish it though. It tasted okay and everyone raved about it but I was unsatisfied.

Later after everyone left, I put an apple, mango and chard leaf in my blender for an easy "dinner".
I am grateful the day went well and I feel proud of myself for not camping out and grazing at the table like I would have done in the past.

 Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment