February 17, 2011

Week 4 - Day 5.....

 I discovered the most amazing smoothie today! I am sure someone in the world created it before I did but I stumbled onto it just by looking around the kitchen when I was hungry for a late lunch. I recommend it highly! It is refreshing and packed with all the nutrients you could possibly need.  Here is what to do.....

 In your blender put:
1 pear cut up with washed skin and no core
1 banana broken in pieces
1 avocado minus skin and core seed
1 cup orange juice
2 handfuls of ice

The nutritional content is amazing! It is loaded with potassium, protein, fiber, healthy carbohydrates and many vitamins and minerals. You can make it all together and then refrigerate half for the next day.
I am telling you it is a drink you will not regret! Even those in my house that cringe at the thought of avocados said it tasted good.  All of the flavors blend lightly together and nothing stands out harshly.
I am thinking I would love to drink it every morning for my morning meal.

(*note: 2/18/2011  I put a single red chard leaf in as well to begin my day with more fiber. It didn't harshen the taste and I am ready to tackle my day.)

As I go about buying produce and weighing out the pros and cons of organic versus commercial and the cost of everything, I have found this chart to be very helpful. Organic vs. Commercial

Be blessed and enjoy the wonderful things God has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment