February 14, 2011

Week 4 - Day 2.....

I am actually writing this post a day late. It is important for me to keep my own daily track of what I am doing and learning about myself. I was frustrated with myself at not writing last night but was just too sleepy to sit at the computer. Today is a new day though so let's see.....

I completely sabotaged myself! I could say that it was because of it being Valentine's Day. I could say I was stressed or had too much to do. But none of those excuses are entirely correct. Now that I can look back on it all, I simply wanted. It is not that I was craving anything at all because I really wasn't. It was just an emotional habit of "oh look at what is on the counter. Let's have some.

And really, in the grand scheme of things I didn't blow it like what "blowing it" used to be like. I had a small bowl of popcorn with all the salty flavors and sugars. Then I grabbed 2 chocolate candies. The second candy I ended up spitting out because I felt a huge wave of being nauseous and then dizzy.  I thought that was really interesting.

I spent the rest of my daytime drinking water to filter out the yuck I did to it and ate an apple when I finally started feeling hunger.

At night my husband took me out for a romantic dinner.  I chose to eat an oriental chicken salad. Most of the chicken I either gave to my husband or set on the side of my plate. A couple of the small pieces I let myself nibble on but they didn't taste the yummy way I remembered. I also let myself have a small slice of the cheesy bread.

All in all it wasn't a complete failure I guess if I think about what I used to do. Plus it is so interesting to be able to notice how my body is talking to me about what I do.
So no more dwelling on the past. Let's more forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment