February 15, 2011

Week 4 - Day 3.....

 I was lazy and busy today all at the same time so it didn't even occur to me to eat until about 11am. I mixed together a serving of yogurt and a serving of peaches to make my tummy happy.

Later in the day when I did our grocery shopping I packed a baggie of sliced apples and a honey stick. They really helped me out a lot with fighting off temptations. Walking the store isles doesn't bother me at all now. It was the seasoned smell of pizza coming from the attached parlor that had me a little tense.
I bought half of my produce today as organic when the prices were justifiable. I figure if all of my food intake is raw then I should make sure to not have pesticides and junk going in my body as well.

For dinner I made shrimp salads for my husband and me. I did have a few pieces of shrimp but they didn't thrill my taste buds and they got left on the side of my plate.

I have been hearing more and more about dairy not being in the regime of a raw diet but I haven't decided what I want to think of that just yet. I could leave the yogurt and never miss it. But having cream in my coffee and a slice of cheese for a snack.....well those things I am too attached to. I haven't made a decision about meat either but it feels like my taste buds are making the decision for me. Every time I put meat in my mouth it doesn't satisfy me in the least. The chicken from last night that was on my salad.....I finally figured out a word today that describes the taste to me. It tasted dead. I know that must sound ridiculous but it is the only thing that fits for me. I guess eating things for this last month that are all alive and bursting with vital nutrients has made me recognize on a different level when something is cooked.

Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment