February 17, 2011

Week 4 - Day 4.....

 Hello hello hello....
Here I am with another late night and I am tired.....again.
It is not the food that is making me tired. It is my schedule of this last week. The healthy food is actually helping me to get through my day with more energy and more clear thought patterns.  I noticed today that I am not tripping over my words as much as before and I am starting to be able to find my mental dictionary again instead of drawing a blank in mid conversational sentence.

I attended an all day seminar today on health wellness. The topics were:

  1. "5 Simple Steps to Wellness" by Beni Johnson  1:01
  2. "Stress, Digestion & Gluten: The Untold Story" by Ronda Nelson 1:02
  3. "Hijacked by Your Hormones" by Ronda Nelson 1:00
  4. "The Benefits of Juicing" by Beni Johnson :53
  5. "The Root of the Problem: Is it Physical or Spiritual?" by Ronda Nelson 1:09
 Wow! I came home with so much information. I typed as fast as I could and brought study papers home. Plus I have access to the audios so I need to work on getting those burned as well.

What is something I learned today that I can share real quick?
In learning the importance of water today I was told of a formula for knowing the right amount of water to drink. Take your body weight and divide in half. That number is the number of ounces you should be drinking in a day.  Wow!

I learned how allergies happen. It is too long an explanation to go into detail tonight but the bottom line is that almost always an allergy shows itself because of a breakdown in the digestive system. The allergy is a only a flag waving in the air so that you will pay attention to the fact that something is off with your body.

 I also learned that gluten intolerance is so much more prevalent these days because the grains are not the same as God intended them to be. In our smart knowledge of wanting to hybrid engineer everything so it produces more for less......we have created grain to have more gluten in it. Some scientists say up to 400% more. That gluten is essentially glue holding together the grain and nutrients. That extra glue then gets stuck in our systems and gets us all gummed up.

There is so much more to share but I will have to divulge in pieces.

Here is a picture of the beginnings of my lunch today. I finally got out my Daddy's food processor. What a blessing! I blended a cucumber, 3 bell peppers and 3 handfuls of soaked almonds. Then I spooned it into a big lettuce leaf at lunch time and had a healthy wrap. It tasted good and was packed with nutrition.

Ok it is time for me to go to bed. That is definitely something I have to work on. Sleep is an area I fail in miserably. 5am always comes too early and events carry me late into the evening. Then I want to sit with the house quiet so I can unwind doing my own thing....like this. Doing my own thing is good but lack of sleep is sabotaging me just as well as putting an open box of chocolates in front of me.
Sigh....

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment