February 13, 2011

Week 3 - Day 7 & Week 4 - Day 1.....

It was too busy a weekend to blog last night. We had a big conference at church and a couple of our 19 guest speakers that had driven up from California stayed with us. That meant lots of fun and lots of staying up late sharing stories and encouragements.  It was so good.

For food, I made a conscious effort to keep my purse stocked with healthy choices and a huge cold water bottle.  I really enjoyed keeping a fresh baggie of soaked almonds for snacking and peeling the skins was nice for finger fiddling.

We also attended a friend's wedding on Saturday. I allowed myself a piece of wedding cake thinking it would be a treat but I was sorely mistaken. I ate most of the piece waiting for each bite to be more satisfying and eventually gave up. The cake was dry and heavy and the frosting ended up tasting like a mouthful of butter.

I have noticed that with allowing myself a few extras here and there like the cake, I am really feeling the old cravings pull me and the old emotional eating habits are knocking on the door of my thoughts pretty strong. I think it would do me good to really push the water tomorrow and do basic produce with no frills to ride it out.

It has been a good couple of days and tomorrow is a new day that moves forward.
Blessings to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment