July 10, 2013

Re-Boot Day 3

This morning my husband told me I slept so quiet during the night that he felt the need to watch me and make sure I was breathing.

That is nice to hear.

Favorite Red after sitting
in the fridge.
Today so far I have done

Orange: 4 carrots, 2 oranges, 1 beet
Green: 2 granny apples, 1 big cucumber, 4 handfuls of spinach, handful parsley
Red: 1/2 watermelon, 1 lime, a bit of fresh basil

The red is my favorite! I could drink it all day long. Too bad there is no green nutrition in it.

My head is more clear and the tension has calmed down. Praise God! The churning in my stomach is less too.

Papa God, I want to be healthy and feel good. It blows my mind how many times a day I have thought to grab food. Help me know and choose.


Later......

I made the rest of my drinks for the evening.

Green: 2 granny apples, 1 big cucumber, 4 handfuls of spinach, handful parsley (trying to use up some produce so I did the same as earlier)
Purple: basket of blueberries, 30 red grapes, 1 granny apple, 1 celery stalk

The purple recipe didn't call for the apple and celery but I found that volume of berry really gummed up my juicer. I needed the crispy texture to clear out the basket. It also called for a handful of mint but I don't have any right now.

I am trying to figure out how I want to proceed from here out. I had mentally committed to 3 days. My husband wants to start this juicing on Friday. That will be fun to both be working in the kitchen and cheering one another on.
Am I committed? Yes Most Definitely. I still want to focus on produce. I just don't know about doing only juice. I am wondering about adding a little bit of fiber tomorrow.

I recently heard a very "in the know" speaker talk about the benefits of juicing but also the importance of fiber....which gets pulled out when we juice. She said that juicing is awesome for the micro-nutrients and suggests that after juicing we can pour it into the blender and add back some of the pulp fiber to a reasonable consistency so we aren't missing that important bulk.

Makes total sense to me and I trust her knowledge base.
Then I think about Joe Cross and how he and so many others are walking success stories on 60 days of just juice.
I don't think I have the stamina for that. I don't want to do that. But I would like to get in control of my cravings.

And I am nervous for the weekend. I am making dinner for my brother and his family on Friday and then Saturday I will be out all day with my mom and cousin. I can pack my juice and be prepared. But I am scared of the questions. Scared of the "steering away" conversations with everyone's "knowledge".

Focus on good choices and ask God for guidance with each one.

Papa help me with these fears. I feel silly in saying I have an addiction. But that silly feeling is rooted in shame and shame has no ground in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment