July 11, 2013

Day 4

I woke this morning feeling quite jazzed and excited about food choices. I have had a mental shift of sorts. I think instead of feeling like "I have to do these 3 days" now I feel like "I choose to do more". Weird!

I jumped up this morning to run to the store and get more produce for the upcoming busy weekend. Before leaving I drank my hot lemon water and made a morning orange juice with 4 carrots, 2 grannys and a whole lemon. I felt liberated carrying my juice in my pretty sports bottle around the store. Felt like I knew what I was doing. haa haa  And the food cravings stayed away. I could actually walk right past all the things that are normal temptations and think "yuck that isn't real food".

Now I have chicken going in the oven for tonight. Gotta admit that the smell is extreme. Would it be wrong for me to eat it tonight......no. But I am not ready to open the gate of other flavored foods yet. I justify too many things as okay and don't think thru the day.

Later.......

Note to self: substituting red chard instead of kale is not always a tasty thing.
I made a green lemonade for lunch. It consisted of 2 apples, 1 lemon, 1 romaine heart and 5 chard. The recipe actually called for kale. I don't know if it is because I did the substitution or because I did the whole chard stalk instead of just the leaf, but it tasted sort of like spilled lemonade on dirty wood. I tried to stomach it all and not be wasteful but honestly some of it went down the sink.

I had a revelation today. I was totally going to try and add a bit of fiber back in to my juice like Ronda suggests. Then it dawned on me that I had juiced my apples with core seeds and all. Maybe I am wrong but that motherly voice inside my head said, "Don't eat the seeds! That is where arsenic comes from!" I need to think this thru a bit more and set aside some of the pulp as I juice. hmmmmm......


11pm......

Hubby's food for work
Our dinner visit was lovely tonight. I made them all a chicken pot pie and big bowl of salad while I enjoyed a green drink. No one questioned and I felt free.

My husband is starting this juice fast tomorrow. He really wanted to participate and make everything tonight in preparation for his work day tomorrow. But with visiting, there wasn't any time left in the evening. So I did it for him and have everything labeled. He is going to do really good. He is so dedicated at whatever he sets his mind to do.

When he gets home tomorrow I will have dinner and dessert juices ready for us.
This is fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment