July 9, 2013

Re-Boot Day 2

I slept really good last night. I was worried I would be hungry or fitful. But I feel like I had solid sleep. And I didn't wake up congested! I wonder if I snored.......

Yesterday when I started my morning orange drink I felt shaky and foggy in my brain. I had to sip it over time or it was too much of a jolt. Today I don't feel that.

Tuesdays are a busy day for me so I decided to dig in and make my day of juices ahead of time. It is best of course to drink as soon as your juice is made. But I have them covered and in my fridge so they are safe and will still yield me a mega day of nutrition.


I laugh looking at my line up of color. I can hear the Skittles candy mantra in my head
"Taste The Rainbow"
 I have one more drink to make for today but I have run out of apples and need to run to the store.

Interested in what I am drinking today?

Red: 1 personal seedless watermelon, 1 lime, handful of fresh basil
Green: 6 kale and romaine leaves, 1 cucumber, 2 celery stalks, 1 granny apple, 1/2 lemon, 1" ginger root
Purple: 1/4 red cabbage, 1 carrot, 3 celery stalks, 1/2 lemon, 1 orange, 1 handful basil
Orange: 3 carrots, 2 granny apples, 1" ginger root

As I look this over with a clear head instead of a "wake up head" I am realizing that the "purple" drink recipe I pulled from the wrong column. Oops! Oh well. I am still getting in tons of produce and micro-nutrients. It is not a fail. I just need to make one more green for today.

And how long did it take me? Well... 1 1/2 hours seems a daunting amount of time. But the factors of the morning were phone calls and a visit. And while I have an amazing juicer, the food chute is narrow so it takes time to cut up food small enough. Plus my learning curve is that I keep stopping to refer to my papers. The plus side.....once I make that last juice I will be done in the kitchen for the whole day! There are good foods in the fridge for my family to eat and they take care of themselves well.

Now to get to my tasks....


Later.....

Here I am at the office doing my evening work. It has been a usual eventful day, a typical Tuesday.
I feel a little achy in my head, been a little queazy and tension in my neck and shoulders. It is interesting how many times I thought about grabbing something to chew on......because I deserve it......because when I am busy who knows when I will have opportunity......because because because.

Apparently I get more wound up than I have given credit to.

I did get to the store and make my other green drink.
It is: 2 fuji apples, 1 lemon with peel, 1 romaine heart, 5 bunches of spinach

It tastes REALLY good. It is like a cool lemonaide.

Ok back to work......

No comments:

Post a Comment