July 18, 2013

Day 11....My Blood Pressure is Dropping

Watermelon Crush in the perfect glass
The day got away from me and I never posted yesterday.
But it was a good day. I stayed on track all day. I even made my parents lunch. It was stuff that they like to eat....tuna sandwiches, chips, watermelon and cookies.

None of it went into my mouth! I had packed my juice and snacks and was very content.  My parents watched me with a mixed display of curiosity, awe and self proclamation that they could never have the will power to eat in such a fashion.

I did notice that learned pattern urge to toss chips in my mouth while I was chopping veggies for the tuna. But I thought about the greasy feel and pointless ingredients that would coat my body and cause me to crave more......no thank you.

I checked my blood pressure. I should have thought to check it when I started this journey. I do know that it was getting normal for my systolic to be almost 130 and my diastolic was always upper 80s low 90s.
This time it was 118 / 76. Wow! I checked my blood sugar too and it was sitting nice at 109. That is encouraging. Diabetes runs in my family so I have had a small concern over having so many carrots, apples and oranges.

This morning as I made my drinks for the daytime, I had extra of the Watermelon Crush so I put it in a special glass for my daughter. She is enjoying it now.

Time to get started on my chores.

Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment