July 23, 2013

Day 16

I am so excited that I am over half way through my proposed fasting. I feel proud and accomplished.
These last two days were a test that I passed with flying colors. Being downtown around all the smells, aromas and flavors of our unique city could have easily been a daunting challenge in the past but not now. I enjoyed opening my bottles of cold fresh phyto-nutrient rich drinks and not having to spend money on eating out. I even had the energy to do the 1.75 mile walk home from public transit in the 90 degree afternoons.

And then to be able to stand in the kitchen and not think about turning on the stove or cooking 5 different things to create a plate.

Here is my dinner tonight before putting it thru the juicer. It is a granny apple, 3 carrots, a golden beet, ginger and 3 handfuls of spinach.

It was good. Beets are a little strong on the sweet side for my palette. I keep telling myself I am going to use half a beet instead of a whole one. But then I cut it to pieces and ....voila!

Celebrating God's goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment