July 21, 2013

Day 14....Being Prepared

It is late in the evening over here and we are winding down. Before I call it a night I want to touch base about our progress.

Today is Day 14 and I have lost 14 lbs. It is Day 10 for my husband and he has also lost 14 lbs. He did the complete 10 days with juicing only.....Amazing! Tomorrow he plans to cut back to 2-3 juices per day and introduce veggies and fruits back into his system. His food for the day is already packed with a veggie salad and also things in a separate container like cut up apple, celery, carrot and some grapes. He is incredible.

I am so excited for us. Not only are we gaining victory in the realm of losing extra weight, but we are having more fun doing it all together. Making our juice meals in the kitchen and shopping for produce is like we are constantly on a date.It is amazing the boost we get in will power from each other.  And to add to that, we are learning about our emotional habit patterns with food.

It was a busy weekend for us but we did it together.
It was actually pretty easy to turn down food at a luau simply because we had our juice bottles in hand. Then we went to the movies and I was concerned the smell of popcorn would torture me. Once we got there though it wasn't such a big deal. We had made our drinks ahead of time and stashed them in my big purse (criminal I know). I had an emotional panic thought when we walked passed the snack bar of, "but we always buy popcorn." We both agree that the popcorn smell was soon forgotten and we enjoyed our movie. Actually I think we enjoyed it even more because we weren't chewing away on stuff and creating that stimulating energy that salty sweet stuff brings on.

The next two days are long for me (actually the whole week is crazy but let's focus). I will be downtown the next two days. So I have already made my stuff for the day and it is all waiting safely in the fridge for me to grab in the morning.  I even found an adorable insulated bag at the store today to keep everything fresh and cold in.


Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment