July 24, 2013

Day 17....Trying New Things

So nice to have a home day today.
I decided to experiment today. I made a big batch of my current favorite juice: 4 carrots, 1 granny apple, 1 orange, 1 cup fresh pineapple and 4 handfuls of spinach.  Then I took about half of the fiber and mixed it with the extracted juice in my blender and threw in some frozen strawberries for a chill factor.

The texture was a bit thick for me but I think I will try it again and purpose to leave out the carrot pulp. Maybe that will be better. It really wasn't bad and it is a viable way to get the mega nutrients as well as the fiber content.

I have been seeing recipes that call for fennel bulb. That was totally new to me. I know I have baked with it from a spice jar. But aside from that, I had to google it to know what it looked like. I bought one this morning and decided to be brave.

I used a recipe from Brenna Ryan at the Reboot website.

Orange Fennel Juice
1 cucumber
1/4 purple cabbage
1/2 fennel bulb
1 apple
2 oranges
4 kale

Wow was I pleasantly surprised! My husband was really pleased with it too. Interesting since he doesn't like the taste of cabbage.

That brings up a really good point. As we clean out our bodies and learn new habits, our taste buds are changing. Not only are we learning the emotional side of food but our bodies are learning how to crave real food and enjoy real taste instead of variations of synthesized chemicals.

Celebrating God's goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment