July 16, 2013

Day 9...The Financial Cost of Eating Healthy

It is Tuesday, my 'be organized and timely or chase myself' day.   :-)


I weighed myself this morning. I know weight numbers are not the goal but it is an obvious outcome as I progress in a healthy lifestyle. I noticed that I have been the same weight for the past 4 days. In the past I have been at this 9-12 lb. line many times so my body must be in shut down mode; trying to wait out my will power. While I am certainly not educated in all things nutrition, I have read enough to know that our bodies do that. It is a survival mechanism as our bodies regulate storage. Eventually it will give in and I will be the victor!

I have 3 juices in the fridge for me this morning that I just prepared. My juicing time is getting less as a develop rhythm and confidence.

I am starting to diversify my ingredients now.
Breakfast today is 4 carrots, 1 apple, 1 orange, 1/2 large lemon
Lunch is 1 cucumber, 2 celery stalks, 4 handfuls spinach, 1 apple
Afternoon snack will be watermelon, lime, basil  (YUM!)

A couple of evenings ago my husband asked me how we are doing with the cost of produce. That is such a good question. It most definitely costs more to fill the shopping cart with produce instead of processed stuff. But when I figure it all out, I think we are either equal or a little ahead.  Here is why....

I am not buying the processed stuff.
We aren't buying the daytime work sandwiches and snacks.
There are no pitstops for mega big sodas.
We aren't going out 2 times a week and spending upwards of $40 at a restaurant.
We aren't using vitamins, tylenol or ibuprophen at all.
I am not drinking coffee!

That last statement is a miracle! I would have 2-4 mugs of coffee every day AND put creamer and hot cocoa mix in it. Yeah really.....  Not only is that mega doses of unhealthy, it is costly.

Now I am really enjoying my morning hot lemon water. For real!


Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment