July 28, 2013

Day 21....Stay Focused and Motivated

I started using a new scale today. Our old scale had been purchased years ago at a thrift store. It worked well enough for the time but I was ready for having something more accurate. I found that this new scale is better than the old and shows that the old scale was off by 3 lbs. That means that when I started this 21 days ago, I weighed 203 lbs. As of this morning I weigh 185 lbs.

I have a dawning excitement growing in me. I have lost 18 lbs. in 21 days! That is so very encouraging. The last couple of days I had been discouraged. I had seen a picture of myself from a couple of months ago and for some weird reason I had this thought of, "yuck! Look at all that. It is going to take me absolutely forever to get healthy."

Seeing the reading on my brand new scale was just the pick me up I needed. Then this afternoon I stopped by the grocery store for a specific reason. I walked to the baking isle and stacked two 10 lb. bags of flour together and picked then up just to hold for a minute and impress on myself an example of what I have lost so far.

I know over these last 3 weeks I have listed so many changes for the good that I am recognizing. And the numbers aren't the bottom line to being healthy. But they sure are nice.
Thank you God!

Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment