August 27, 2013

Day 51.......My New Body Talks To Me

* I have learned over this past week to listen more as my body sends me signals. As I shared before, if I indulge in a huge amount of sugar like a piece of cake or ice cream; I end up with plugged sinuses and a sneeze fit to boot. Now I catch myself with the learned conditioning of saying no to that desire for a sugar binge. It is more than a guilty thought saying, "I shouldn't do that". Now it is a flashback that says, "ugh! Remember the last time? No thank you."

* Saturday evening after I had pretty much gotten over that horrid emotional crash from the gelato ice cream I wrote about, I let myself munch on a bit of cheese dip and veggies at a party. Again, that was a huge punishment as well. I barely made it home because I was doubling over in intestinal pain. I know the ingredients were predominately fake with pre-packaged salted seasonings and velveeta cheese (a former temptation of mine). I don't know if it was the 'no real' of it all or the dairy but that is now a BIG no thank you!

* Over the years I have pursued many eating styles, exercise fads and driven myself into the emotional turmoil of pity parties and despair. My poor husband has put up with much as I have squeezed our pocket book dry and wedged emotional walls between us because of my body rolls. I have focused on my own perceived self image and chased after a society that sets unrealistic expectations.

So today when I was making the bed, I happened to be thinking about how I am nearing 2 months on this journey and I am still having fun. I said, "Lord what is different this time?"  He instantly said, "You know who you are in Me and you are not scared to fail anymore."

That makes my heart exclaim Shazam (like Gomer Pile) and Hallelujah!
Thank You God for Your freedom in learning and moving forward. Thank You for increasing my boundaries of perception and mirrored self worth. Thank You for the nourishing things You provide us with that fill our bodies and delight our senses. You are an amazing and fun creator.

Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment