August 7, 2013

Day 31.....Blueberries Galore!

Blueberries are one of God's many super foods. 1 single cup contains a small 85 calories and is packed with potassium, healthy carbohydrates, fiber, protein and Vitamin C. They also are a great source for manganese, antioxidants and are a natural anti-inflammatory. They are easy to pack and way more fun to toss and eat than a bag of chips.

These were so fun and easy to harvest!
 

I am so excited. A friend of mine gave me the inside scoop on where I could get tons of free blueberries. So this morning I headed out before the bees woke up and it got hot. An hour and a half later my giant 32 cup 'that's-a-bowl' was full.

I have been sharing the spoils all afternoon. I gave a container to my neighbor, our dog groomer and I have bags earmarked for my daughter, my mom and a friend.

I don't want to be a greedy glutton but I hope to go back again in a couple of days and pick more. They are just falling off the bushes and there are probably 40 bushes weighted down with the juicy goodness of sun swollen berries.
.
Thank You God for blueberries!
Celebrating God's goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment