August 4, 2013

Day 28.....A Little Prep is a Time Saver

As is typical for me a few times a week, I planned my day of juicing to help with the business of life. Sundays are a go go go day.
Here is what I juiced this morning.

Tasty Delight
6 carrots
6 celery stalks
2 apples
1 orange
1/2 fennel bulb with stalk
2 bunches of spinach
2 black kale
1/2 English cucumber (not in the pic)

Yum! It was enough to make my breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snack. It is so refreshing! I am delighted with the fun taste that the fennel provides. Maybe my taste buds are crazy, but to me the fennel gives off a sweet and ever so slight licorice flavor. It brings a smile to my face every time I use it.

How to handle a busy day
Like I modeled above, making 2 or 3 juices at once is a huge time saver. It is best to drink juice at its freshest. But I must be doing something right since I am getting healthier every day.

Another really handy thing that I have learned to do is to prep a few things for maximum ease and preservation. Here is what I did after making a trip to Costco this afternoon.

The big bag of celery : I cut the bottoms of each bunch and put everything into that big container of water on the left. The cold water keeps the celery crisp and it is easy to lift the lid and grab however many stalks needed. That container lasts us just under a week.
I'd like to do something of the same with all of our carrots but I need to get a good sized container to accomplish the task.
All of those square containers on the right : those are the 2 pineapples and watermelon that I cut up. This makes it easy to grab for juice or as a snack.

So far those are my secrets to share. But as I think of more I will be sure to write them down here.  For now.....

Be bless and celebrate God's goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment