August 19, 2013

Day 43.....Infusion




It seems every week I am gaining a new health food obsession. The past few days have been all about the smell and flavor of fresh basil. The fragrance is like a smiling wake up call. The flavor is teasingly addictive.

The last several days, basil has helped me to discover the fun of infused water. It is causing me to drink more and more water and that is great because I wasn't drinking enough. Now along with my daily juices I am also drinking at least 1.5 pitchers of water each day.

I made some to take to a family event yesterday and they all loved it too and were asking me for recipes.

So with that in mind, here is what I did.
 
Harmony Infusion

Slice thin the following ingredients
1/2 peeled orange
1/2 peeled lime
1/2 granny smith apple
add the leaves from 1 branch fresh basil
*makes 1 pitcher of water - approx. 8 cups water

Today I did something a little different.

Crisp and Clean
Slice thin the following ingredients
1/2 English cucumber
1/2 peeled lemon
1 small branch basil leaves

*makes one pitcher of water - approx. 8 cups water

** note that I make this up first thing in the morning when I get up. I personally find the flavor is best if I let it all sit in the fridge for a bout 4 hours and then remove the ingredients from the water. After that time, it becomes too strong in flavor for me. I put all those ingredients in a container and use it in my morning juice the next day. Yum!

And while I am sharing, here is another fun juice that I created the other day.

Morning Kiss
1 orange
1/2 lemon
1/2 granny smith
3 carrots
2 handfuls of spinach

Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment