August 2, 2013

Day 26.....Unforeseen Benefits

I love how the bright colors of produce are helping me to wake up and feel happy in the mornings. Aren't those fun colors? Often separation of juices happens if you don't immediately drink up after juicing.

Doesn't this look like a fun good morning?
As with most mornings, I used my morning kitchen time to make enough for 2 meals. Today my breakfast & lunch concoction consisted of the following ingredients and I think I shall call it :

Good Morning Beautiful
1 red apple
1 orange
1 lemon with peel
6 celery stalks
6 carrots
1/4 head red cabbage

It has a touch of sweet along with the refreshing blend of nutrients. And more color is always a good thing. The more colors you get in a day makes your body happy and complete.


I have been realizing more and more practical benefits around our home when it comes to juicing and healthy food choices.

My Dishwasher
My sorta full dish washer.
Juicer parts airing out on the counter.
It used to be that I ran the dish washer every day and had to invent ways of getting it to all fit. Now I run it about every 5 days and even then it isn't overflowing.  I even put in extra things now like the dog food bowls.

I Have Help
I used to feel like I was chained to the kitchen. I did all the washing, cooking, prepping and putting away. Everyone else knew how but somehow it simply never got done unless my hands did it. Now my wonderful husband helps prepare juices and salads and even cleans up after himself. It is amazing!

Our Trash
I was taking out the trash this morning and realized that our trash load has diminished as well. It used to be that our recycle kitchen can had to be emptied every day sometimes twice a day because of all the cardboard boxes. Now it is almost non existent. (Wow! And I thought I was feeding us healthy.)
Our waste can gets taken out every day; not because it is full but because the compost gets smelly.
All of these changes make our new lifestyle even more fun!
Thank You God!

Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment