August 17, 2013

Day 41......Interviewing my husband on health

So today I thought I would ask my husband a few questions on his perspective of our food journey thus far. Here is what he has to say.......

Me....What caused you to pursue a healthier lifestyle?
Him....My wife and watched a movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. And eye opener. Being a runner and cyclist, I imagined myself healthier that the average guy my age. The movie made me realize I was not as healthy as I thought. 

Me....How long have you been on this new lifestyle?
Him....37 days

Me....How has this experience been for you?
Him....Amazing. I've lost 25 lbs

Me....Did you have any notable health improvements?
Him....Yes my doctor told me I could stop taking my blood pressure medication. Also, as a runner it used to be uncomfortable around my middle to run. I would use a sweat band to sort of hold things in place. Now I can run with no pains and no help. I feel free! 

Me....What are your plans now?
Him....Now that I feel so much better and have a healthy outlook, I plan to keep doing 2 drinks per day and enjoying daily salads for my dinners and fresh veggies and fruits for snacks.

Me....What has been the toughest part of changing your lifestyle?
Him....Hasn't been hard.  My wife has been my amazing example (awe! He always blesses me!)

Me....What is your favorite thing to eat/drink now?
Him....Fresh juice

Me....Do you have a juice recipe to share?
Him....1 apple, 1 orange, 4 carrots, 1 kale and a hand full of blueberries.


My husband 2 months before Reboot

31 days into Reboot
Isn't he wonderful? He is my support and my hero!

Celebrating God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment