August 5, 2013

Day 29......Another Time Saver Tip

Time is such a huge concern as well as a stumbling block when trying to eat healthy. Fast food and ease is all around us in billboards, tv, newspapers and magazines. It seems you can't pass a street corner without some fast food temptation offering to save you time and cater to the ease of our fast paced life styles. And it is alluring as all get out. I mean, you are tired after work and if you buy that tub of chicken at the drive thru window then that means you can spend more time together in the evening with your family without working in the kitchen, right? Yeah....been there done that too many times.

Say yum!
Now a-days I have a much better solution. I keep ready cooked chicken in the freezer. No, not the precooked kind. I make my own. That way I can control the salt and feel good about what my family is eating.

Here is what I did today. I took a bag of chicken breasts......
Wait confession first. I abhor touching raw meat. I always have. It is not a "scared of germs thing". There is just something weird in the texture of it all that gives me goosebumps and I can't explain it any more than that. So I buy the boneless skinless breasts and figure the cost difference between that and the work of cleaning a fryer is worth it to me.

.........Ok, back to what I did.
I laid out several chicken breasts in a pyrex dish, drizzled a couple tablespoons of coconut oil on them and used some seasoning. Then I covered it all with tinfoil and baked into juicy perfection (so my family says). Once the chicken was all cooled off, I laid them in a clean pyrex and set it in the freezer for an hour. After being flash frozen, they are easy to slip into a freezer safe bag or container and put back in the freezer. So now there is instant juicy already cooked chicken to grab for a salad, sandwich or (my daughter's favorite) top ramen.

So that is my tip.  :-)
Tomorrow I hope to share a progress picture on how I am getting healthy.
For now.......Let's Celebrate God's goodness!



No comments:

Post a Comment