January 30, 2011

Day 7.....

When I was writing last night's post I was feeling a little bit puny but only half paid attention to it. Late into the evening I started feeling really bad. I have had minor headaches here and there this past week but last night was a whole new ball game so to speak. My digestive system was in painful disarray. Every joint in my body ached and I had violent shaking tremors from not being able to get warm.

What was all that about?
Was it because I sampled that cooked chili (all of 2 TBSP maybe) at Costco yesterday after having only raw foods for a week?
I had picked up and snacked on some dehydrated mango. Did I eat too much?
Did I pick up a flu bug somewhere?
Or was that a huge wave of detoxing going through my system?

Today I am better, slow but better. My muscles are sore, probably from all that shaking.
I am going to pack up some foods and head up to my mom's for Sunday dinner. I will write more tonight about the rest of my day and the verdict on what my plans are now that I am at the end of my week long trial.

By the way, I have been glancing over some different web sites on raw foods helps. Some that I have found most interesting and helpful I have linked over on the right side of my blog page as a help to others.

~~~~~

Here I am again and it is 11pm. Dinner at my mom's was wonderful as always. There were lasagna and garlic bread on the table (both some of my favorite yummies) but interestingly I wasn't really attracted to either one. Mom, ever supportive of my decisions, made a huge salad for everyone to dig into and I felt very content with that and the fruit that I brought with me.

So here I am at the pinnacle of decisions. It has been a week since I started this change in eating and I made a big production out of telling myself that it wouldn't be a forever thing but only a week. It was attainable and not overwhelming. So what do I do now?  My head is throbbing pretty bad right now and I am convinced that I am going through a big bout of detox.

The interesting thing is that I don't want to throw it all out the window. I don't know how long my body will feel this way but if I keep drinking water it will help me flush out all this junk. I have lost 5lbs. this week, which wasn't my primary drive. But it sure is a super benefit since I do have a good 60lbs. to lose. Right now, all of the healthy foods really taste good to me and the junk tastes like junk.

So my decision is made. I have my refrigerator stocked with another round of produce and I am ready to press forward.  (I do wonder though if it would be okay for me to take something for my headache. I think a little bit is alright.)

Thank you God for this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment