January 27, 2011

Day 4....

Here I sit at 11pm with a content belly and a full day behind me.
I didn't plan out the day quite so well but chose not to give up on myself.
I had the day off today from daycare and that made me want to be lazy. It wasn't until the afternoon when I was running errands on my way to pick up Puddin' from school that I realized I hadn't eaten more than a banana all day (along with coffee and water).  I decided to pull into a local smoothie shop for nourishment to make my tummy settle. Wow so many selections to choose from! I picked a concoction that promised to be only mixed fruits with ice and made it a large. Yum!

I didn't think through dinner very well for my family either. Thankfully our freezer is stocked right now. I toasted up a box of frozen popcorn shrimp and made smaller side salads for Hubby and Puddin'. I myself had a huge dinner salad with butter lettuce (my favorite), carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes.

I have to confess that I did allow myself to eat not 1, not 2 but 3 of the small popcorn shrimp while I was fixing plates.  It was quite a temptation to have made something like shrimp which is a favorite of mine. I know that it's not the end of the world to eat it and only three at that.  I just don't want to allow myself to start throwing things in my mouth with excuses all the time.  A little bite here and a little sample there is what got me to this point to begin with.

 But the positives.....no candy, no bread, I refused the chocolate chips cookies as well as the soda and popcorn offered to me at the furniture store.
And I chose well with my "fast food".
And I don't feel the need to beat myself up and give up for not having a perfect record. Now THAT is progress.  Thank You God!

Day 4 is complete and 3 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment