January 26, 2011

Day 3...

 It has been a busy and intense day but I can proudly say I was successful in eating only the things on my list today. I have to admit that I had waves of temptation while visiting my mom today. Food for me is associated so much with memories and habits and emotional crutches. I wasn't even hungry while visiting but had to really mentally talk myself through the idea that wanting to go to her candy jar for chocolate or crunch on something was only a habit thing and not because I needed it.

 Tonight I am feeling a bit hungry. I am not sure if it is because my body is starting to wake from the shock of not being filled with junk all the time or if it is because I was so on the go that I didn't eat quite as much as I have the last 2 days. I feel really tired but I think that is because I took care of my niece for almost 2 days and she slept in her travel crib by my bed last night. (wow I had forgotten how much energy I had and needed as a young mom with my own little babies).

What was on my eating list today? I know I did a couple of servings of Kashi cereal and a couple of servings of yogurt with a peach. I shared a couple of bananas with Angel-girl and snacked on things like carrots, cucumbers, prunes and cherries.  I guess I didn't do good on my veggie supply today.  But I never shoved  into my mouth the chocolate chip cookies or cheesy ritz crackers that were on display at tonight's meeting so I will happily pat myself on the back as I get ready for bed.

Thank you God for your encouragement and confidence in me as I walk this journey.
Day 3 is complete and 4 days left to go.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment