September 11, 2013

Day 66.....Foods That Cause Stress

I am really tired this evening but I wanted to sit and catch up on a post before my head hits the pillows.
Today is my 66th day and 3 days ago I decided to do a 5 day reboot. At a later time I plan to explain more of what that means but for now I will simply sum it up by explaining that I am doing nothing but juices and water for those 5 days.

I had decided last week that I would do this because giving our digestive systems a break occasionally is a good thing. After 2 months of focusing on health, I was starting to notice a bit of carelessness in my food choices and "no thank you" was becoming absent in my daily vocabulary. Nothing bad mind you but I don't want to totally sabotage myself. So a bit of cleansing is a great way to rid those cravings.

Another thing that prompted me to do this was an article I read on 5 Foods That Cause Stress. While those ingredients weren't in my daily eating, I figured that focusing a bit of intensity will help me through this time. I say that because our family is in a heavy emotional time right now as my Nana transitions into the final stage of her life on hospice. Soon she will be standing whole and healthy and full of joy with Papa God in heaven.

Doing food restrictions during this time may seem crazy as food can be such a comfort. Until recently I never thought I would do this. But I am finding this week that doing juice and water only is helping me to stay calm and focused in doing all the things that need my attention. I am not pacing or wanting to drown my emotions in that chocolate pie on the kitchen counter. The instant fast food that seems to be building in my parents fridge isn't calling for me. Sure those pepperoni slices smelled good in the oven but nothing beats a tall glass of  'peach pie juice'. I have been making all 5 juices first thing in the morning and packing them with me. That way I can sit with Nana and not feel pulled in any other direction.

For a guide, I am using the juices listed on days 6-10 of the 15 Day Reboot Guide. Many of the recipes are one that I first started with and forgot how much I liked them.I am grateful for the guide so that I don't have to think through what I am doing in the kitchen. I am also grateful for the team at Reboot for making such a wealth of information and support readily available and free.

We are all tired and emotionally raw. It is hot and still 88 degrees in the house at 11 pm with the current heat wave we are experiencing. But despite all of that, I don't feel nervous, shaky, fretful, anxious or swollen. I feel focused.

Thank You God for Your love and care. I celebrate You!


No comments:

Post a Comment