October 1, 2013

Day 86.....Checking In and Making Vows

When I read back over my last post, I am amazed at all that has transpired in such a short amount of time. I had written that I was digging in to do a 5 day Reboot to help me keep focused. I am really glad that I did those 5 days. They truly helped me to stay focused as I spent time with my Nana and with my family. I needed very little sleep as we did round the clock shifts with my mom and cousin through all hours of the nights by Nana's bedside. Even when I was sleeping, I preferred being on the small couch in her bedroom than off in another room. Yes the Reboot helped me to stay grounded.

(If you like, you can read about my Nana's last days and how we recently celebrated her life by going here and here.)

The purpose of this blog is to focus on my health choices so.....
the day she passed, I had been out of juice for 24 hours and someone brought 4 huge boxes of doughnuts. Yeah..... Things slowly declined for me after that. My digestive system was not happy to say the least. But my will power said that comfort food and fellowship with family go hand in hand.

I was the primary point person for all the funeral arrangements so my time was willingly and gladly wrapped up in tasks for two weeks. During that time I had 1 or 2 juices a day and usually a huge salad also each day.....along with so many other things.

Now the memorial is finished. It is time for me to move forward. It is time to remember that focusing on me is important. And it is important to remember that beating up on myself has no place. A friend recently reminded me of that. It is important to just let it all go and move forward.

I started exercising again yesterday and it was grueling. That is okay. I will find the rhythm again.

How cool and appropriate it is that an article on Foods That Help Fight Depression was in my box this morning. It is an interesting read.

Now I need to muster up the attitude to Reboot again and cleanse all this junk out of my system. 3 days, just 3 days of focus and I will feel clean and the cravings will be gone.  Each day is a new day. Each choice is a new choice. Each minute is an opportunity to move forward.

I celebrate God's goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment