February 12, 2014

Salad Dressing......

I found a recipe yesterday in my inbox for a homemade dressing that looked like fun.
I have to tell you that dressing is a big deal to me. I love to eat salad but it MUST have some sweet yummy goodness to go with all of the healthy nutritious food. To me dressing is the thing that blends all of the flavors together. And I really prefer it being creamy. Vinaigrette will occasionally find a place on my plate but a thick dressing is always my first grab.

I have sometimes made dressing at home if a certain salad I am making calls for it. But for the most part I have been intimidated by making it at home. After making this new recipe today however, dare I say I am not intimidated anymore?.....

The recipe is from a sweet, amazing and inspiring young woman named Kelly over at Nosh and Nourish.  She has an amazing list of tasty and good for you recipes. Here is her recipe for my new favorite dressing....

Honey Sesame Dressing
1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 TBSP soy sauce 
2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 TBSP minced garlic

Kelly suggested mixing the list of ingredients in a bowl with an immersion stick. I don't happen to have one but it all mixed really nicely in my blender.
That is it....dump it all together and blend it to smooth oblivion. Then enjoy!

Tonight's dinner......Yum! My tummy is so happy!
Enjoy and celebrate God's goodness!



No comments:

Post a Comment