March 5, 2011

Day 40....

 Eating salads are way too much fun when we go out on the town. Many restaurants put together yummy combinations of fruits and vegetables that I haven't thought of on my own. And it is always nice to have someone else do the making instead of me.My husband and I have been going out on Friday nights lately to enjoy one another and try out different eateries in the area.

This particular salad was one I had last night from Panera Bread and Cafe'. It is called a Fuji Apple Chicken Salad. It is antibiotic free and I was thrilled to find that the chicken didn't taste "dead". I ate most of my chicken instead of shoving it to the side for a future hubby salad.
For my own personal preferences I omitted the onions and pecans. (Until my recent experience of liking soaked almonds I have never been a nut person and I am not brave enough to try pecans just yet.)  I think also next time I will omit the Gorgonzola as it reminded me a bit too much of blue cheese.


 This salad was my husband's choice. It was a Thai Chopped Chicken Salad. It was slightly on the spicy side for his personal taste but he enjoyed it all the same and felt happily full when he bowl was empty.

 This salad was one that I went nuts over while having dinner recently with a friend at the Roadhouse Grill. I was silently sceptical at the thought of being able to order a healthy type of dinner there but was tickled with delight at my salad and am already thinking on when I will soon be able to go back again.

This was a Veggie Style Harvester Special with lemon dill dressing. I omitted the feta cheese because that makes me think of blue cheese also. It was my first experience of having artichoke hearts (aside from spinach artichoke dip) and I loved it! I wonder how many other foods I am going to find that I love that I was never brave enough to try before?

As I type away this morning, I am enjoying my breakfast smoothie that has become a staple for both myself and my husband. Then I will be going grocery shopping to fill up our dwindling produce stock. I find getting groceries to be more fun now that I am buying all of these amazing fresh colors and flavors instead of processed salt and "empty" carbohydrate filled boxes.

Happy eating and God bless your day with encouragement as you discover the many blessings He put here just to make you smile.

1 comment:

  1. Always lovely to catch up here Jules, and it is great to hear that your new diet is going so well. So good to get some tips too, as I have started trying to eat healthier foods too, and I too feel so much better for it, as well losing a tiny bit of weight too. Hoping the trend will continue, especially when I get to NYC at the weekend to visit the family. New baby coming so will be a little challenging to keep it up the healthy eating while helping out.
    All the best on your continued new way of eating.

    I have included a couple of links (I hope) from a lady in Maine, who advocates a healthy (mainly vegetarian) diet. You may be interested in her blog and website and newsletter and talks and book. She sent me a copy of her book about Healthy Living (and surviving cancer) to read and review. You will find it in my sidebar. Meg seems like a nice lady.

    http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=xp584scab&et=1104651208777&s=2912&e=001QQo2b4EL-2dHu6_PxQZjpXfQNMThoSwAZWDKYZB2A7WVI_-gL7Iez4cLGQmFtoRcG_4a2ODKt394YWJzK2m1xpMkVEwEjMLzOqsZZX9urG0=

    http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=xp584scab&et=1104651208777&s=2912&e=001QQo2b4EL-2fm2RrvxNvROlEivnQ67nOnGr7G9QwBgH5B8jD7jkdZ9urlWSZLFLbHJNdgzlJPpFimYkwqTmvVwhx9KJBtSkIkBa--dTmNydzdkvGWeC5CcA==

    ReplyDelete